People always assume that any hosted (or Software as a Service - SaaS, for the hip and groovy Twitter generation) solution is more expensive, but it's just a common misconception, along with other common myths:
- Cost - It will be more expensive than an appliance or software
- Control - You will lose control of the solution
- Data Leaks - The soution will not be able to protect from data leakage
- Security/Privacy - Your email will not be secure
- Reliability - The solution will not be reliable
Well these should be addressed:
- Cost - Have all costs been taken into account, including additional hardware, subscriptions, bandwidth, storage, electricity and labour!
- Control - Websense provides 24x7 control, including policy control, user/group policies, LDAP synchronisation, message search facilities, end user quarantine and flexible reporting.
- Data Leaks - Websense includes built in data leak protection, including dictionaires, deep content inspection and custom dictionaires with support for regular expressions.
- Security/Privacy - Websense is just another hop in the chain for the email. Websense is ISO27001 certified, and TLS can be used to create a secure channel to the Websense datacentres.
- Reliability - Websense provides a 99.999% availability SLA
To summarise the Websense Hosted Email Security:
- Increased protection, coupled with an SLA
- Reduce costs
- Retain control
Why wouldn't you use the hosted solution???!!!